Coming soon...



Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Dark Knight gets a poster

Just released is the teaser poster for next summer's second biggest movie (after some film about an archaeologist or something...) The Dark Knight. In case you've been living under a rock for the last year, The Dark Knight is the sequel to Christopher Nolan's sublime Batman Begins. Even if I do say so myself, the poster is one of the best teaser posters I've come across. Suitably dark, in keeping with the tone of the movie, and still manages to whet our appetites even more!



The viral marketing on The Dark Knight has been kicking into overdrive over the last few weeks with all manner of Gotham related viral websites popping up on the internet. Included in the ever expanding list are-

Why So Serious?
Gotham Police Department

Gotham Technologies
The Gotham Times and the Joker-defaced Ha Ha Ha Times
Gotham National Bank
Gotham City Rail
Acme Security Systems

Gotham Victims Advocate Foundation
Gotham Unified School District
Betty's House of Pies

The list goes on. 42 Entertainment, the folks behind this marketing campaign are doing a fantastic job. It's quite possibly the best advertisement campaign I've ever seen for a film. If the film proves as well thought out and brilliantly executed as the work done by these folks, we're in for one heck of a film!

1 comment:

J Luis Rivera said...

I try to be excited about it but I don't know why I can't do it. I'll be there on opening night, but I deep inside I think that "Begins" should had been a stand-alone film.